Wednesday 23 November 2011

10 months in the making....

Well as you guess from the title tonight I am celebrating the completion of The Unity Project. Dunno what that is? Well it's a project the website has done for Tuomas's 35th. Took us 10 months to complete it but huzzah! It was stressful at one point and didn't think we would finish on time. But with 1 week till I go give it to Tuomas we got there. There is a few little bits to finish, but next to nothing.

So far great feedback but apart from Pip Williams no one else will get to take a look at it until Tuomas does. Decided not even to show Troy in case of drunkenness in Helsinki and giving the game away, also decided not to email Kirsti it either. Plamen was originally going to show her but got too busy, perhaps I speak to her when return or I leave Tuomas to go visit with it.

Anthony has worked like a trooper on this, we expected it to have been a bit less work on his shoulders but nope! All of the other participants have been amazing. We did get let down by original drummer but the guy we found to record had it all done and too us in a fortnight, so big thanks to him! We have scrapped the making on DVD for it though as not all us were able to get footage, so doing a little booklet instead with some pictures and writings from some of the people involved. Just a small thing for Tuomas to keep with it. Now we just have to hope he likes it, I'm sure he will. Feel free to pop to the forum for a sample of it though and the full booklet here :)

I'm so glad I finished buying my own personal Xmas and Birthday gift for Tuomas. Just have 2 more to get for other people there, ordered 1 today for someone else. For privacy I won't give names but fingers crossed likes what we bought.

Tomorrow/Today (as its 01:13) is my last day off work before I go to Finland, I have to work 6 nights in a row to get the time off as work would not give me holidays. So I finish work at 8am on Thursday, then I come home for about 8:30. I'll have to watch Ethan a few hours till Mother is free, then I'll have a nap. Once I wake it will be action stations make sure everything is done and I have not left anything behind. I need to be at Durham station for midnight then the long drive to London then onto Gatwick. So my travel to Finland will be shit and will take the whole Friday but I guess it's worth it.

So now I sit here listening to the orchestral version of our song while typing the email to Pip. Lets hope he likes it too :)

Next update after meeting Tuomas!

Peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment