Saturday 15 December 2012

Trip take 2 plus extras

I've been home for about a month now after the tour and trip to Kitee.
Tuomas' gift giving went down well, though as it's covered on TH.com I don't think I'll go into it much.

I was picked up from the apartment by Plamen and took to where we were holding the meeting. There I met up with Katharina, Kiti and Penna and fueled up on coffee. We moved everything into place then waited for Tuomas to arrive.
As punctual as ever, Tuomas pulled up in his car just before the arranged meeting time so we made sure everything was ready before he walked in.
He came over asked how I was, I returned the favour which he replied  'still hungover'. The after party was a great night and he defiantly had a lot to drink that night, but it was funny.
Unknown to me, we were joined by a reporter who took pictures and interviewed Katharina and Tuomas. The guy spoke briefly to me but didn't ask any questions, just kept mentioning Tuomas' UK fan club.. which I tried to set him right that 1) TH.com is *not* UK and 2) is *not* a fan club.. but he didn't seem to want to listen to what I had to say about the event, just Katharina and Tuomas.
Because of the reporter taking the extra time myself and Tuomas had agreed for a catch up, (a sort of 'meeting' as we had lots to go over), we had to cancel. This did annoy me quite a bit as we had rescheduled this meeting twice already and I was not asked about the reporter and since was my/our site event, I feel I should of been consulted as it changed the idea and feel of the day. This would be my last chance to sit and go over stuff with Tuomas in probably a year so for us not to be able to and have to resort to email made getting things done harder.
In the end the newspaper got some facts wrong and didn't even give the website information so I was not best pleased at that either. If it was going to be covered by media, could of been done a lot better.
Anyway gift giving over and something special wrapped well to survive the journey back to the UK, goodbyes were said, I was took back to the apartment. From about 2:30 until the next day I was on my own in the apartment. I wish I knew none of my friends had the time to spend as I would of got the train back that afternoon rather than the next day as... well I was very bored.
I contemplated going for a walk, but having to find my way back in the dark put me off attempting.
The next day, Tuomas' father took me to the train station and I started my 14 hour journey back to Glasgow.

Now home a few weeks, I have piles of stuff still to do. Thanks to flu I have to finish mailing out the Wayfarer which I emailed everyone and said it would of been this week. Late ordering a gift for someone from the site so had to spend more money on priority time rather than standard, late with my Christmas cards. Still have some TH promos to mail out.. again thanks to work load/new job/flu I think I still have half a dozen to send and some other things... but don't even mention I have not started any Christmas shopping.

However a package I was waiting on arrived this morning, meaning I can plan something I have been waiting on for a few weeks now.

Some pictures of time away:

Me in the photo pit in Glasgow with Floor's camera

Me and my boss before leaving after gift giving

Monttu studios after signing the wall

View from my apartment

Outside the apartment

Train ride back to Helsinki

Cool steam engine at Kouvola

My UK tour pass


Carol "Joulu"

No comments:

Post a Comment